Sunday, December 16, 2007

15 minutes blog of a gift card

On Thursday, I just got a $50 gift card, which is usable at any Westfield mall. As I walked through the mall today, there came a significant realization of something important about myself. I do not know what to get for myself. It might seems like a stupid thing to say, but there is really nothing in the mall that I REALLY want. As I traversed through isles of stores and shops, I didn't find the clothes attractive, nor the electronic gadgets any worthwhile. One store that really caught my attention is a Hello-Kitty store, which is totally pink and full of people. It shocking to see such a store could exist and still make money. Anyway, in the end, I ended up buying a battery-less flashlight, which only costs $10. I could have bought manga, or anime. However, most of them are not very up to date. Disappointing. Maybe I'll just buy a Naruto poster, which looks pretty nice, although I don't really have anywhere to put them.

Beside that point, there is something else. I never really buy anything for anyone else before, so this buy-for-myself experience is something less than successful.

No comments: