Wednesday, August 1, 2007

15 minutes blog of a boring kid part1

Back when I was in my 8th grade English class, each student was paired up with a 3rd grader to do a reading session. Back then I never imagine myself as being a boring person. Not until I met the eight year old girl. My first assignment is to do questions and answers session with this young Caucasian girl who could hardly sit still. Five minutes into this Q-and-A session, my English teacher came by, and casually ask this young girl about her thought on this.

"He is boring," the young girl replied.

I stared at the girl for a moment before taking a look at my English teacher. At the moment, I was not mad. Just didn't like how the situation is turning. I thought to myself if my grade would be affected by this brat's honest comment. The thought of it led me to take a deep breath and let down a long sigh. Although it was unintentionally, my English teacher saw it clearly, understood the meaning, and decided to switch partner.

I was paired up with another 3rd grade girl. A girl is not a good idea, I thought to myself. By then I realized that being an interesting person is not so easy, especially to little kids. However, unlike the previous girl, this Asian 3rd grader is a lot quieter. Not shy nor timid, but quiet.

more to come...

No comments: