Saturday, August 25, 2007

15 minutes blog of Ryoko Hirosue's travel

So, this weekend I got a chance to catch a Japanese movie called "Bubble Fiction: Boom or Bust" starring Ryoko Hirosue and Abe Hiroshi. I have been a fan of Hirosue for a long time, and the good reviews on imdb.com elevated my confidence on this film. I have watched Hirosue and fell in love with her"Railroad Man", and her other films("Himitsu", "Wasabi", and "Collage of Our Lives") always keep my interest.

Sadly, unlike her previous movies, "Bubble Fiction" fell short of my expectation. Decent, but not a good film. Maybe it is the lacking humor. Maybe it is the predictable plot. Maybe it is because I did not live in Japan in 1990. Maybe it is how unrealistically things turned out throughout the movie. Maybe it is how childish and ignorant Ryoko acts. Overall, this movie confirms that I dislike of Japanese humor and comedy. The only exception is the Trick series.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I really liked the movie, and like you I've been a big Ryoko Hirosue fan for years. It reminded me of a spy movie from the 60's called "In Like Flint" with it's wild costumes and crazy action. The plot doesn't make sense but a great cast of characters saved the movie for me. I also really like Messengers by the same director Yasuo Baba.